Thursday, September 29, 2011

'Tis the Season for a Party!

It's GRUB time again! (In case you don't know what grub is, it stands for Girls Round Up Boys; a sorority hosted event where the members invite any guy they want).

Tridelt's fall grub isn't themed, but I still got to make party cups! Of course I forgot to take a picture of them before-hand, and I promise you they were MUCH cuter. The gold and silver were different brands from my usual, and they wiped off when you handled the cup too much. Oh well...I know not to use those again!
a But I also got to make costumes and cups for my friend Avery's grub! Their theme was "Holi-Dazed and Confused", so they decided to go as Christmas.


I made them cups, adorned with the theme (which also happens to be my favorite time of the year, so I had a lot of fun with it!)

I also made them over-sized Christmas Tree t-shirts. It was super easy.
This is how I did it:
1. Buy oversized green shirts
2. Make a pine needle stamp (I will post soon about making your own stamp)
3. Stamp the shirt all over with another shade of green, or two.
4. Hot glue battery-powered blinking lights onto the shirt (battery pack inside the bottom of the shirt)
5. Lay out ornaments and other decorations; mark their places lightly
6. Sew on ornaments.
-- I chose to sew on the ornaments because I was afraid hot glue wouldn't hold as well. It's a college party, after all. This shirt had a long night ahead of it. It only takes a few stitches to get it on there.
7. Turn on the lights!

We all had a lot of fun with our cups and costumes. Get creative for your next party!

-Soo Coco

1 comment:

  1. Okay so like, where can I find these cups? Seaux cute :)

    ReplyDelete