Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Procraftinating for My Little

Sorority rush...well, "recruitment"...was pretty brutal. But, it was all very worth it! We got an absolutely adorable pledge class. And best of all, I got the best little anyone could hope for.

For Big/Little Sis week, the big sisters leave presents in the living room for 3 days (Mon, Tues and Weds), and the Little picks them up not knowing who her Big is. Then on the fourth day, we split up into groups of 5, put our littles' names on a post it, attach it to a chair and the end of a spool of yarn in the kitchen and string the yarn all over the house for them to follow. When they get to the end, we're there waiting! It's fun, and they get to see different parts of the house that they might not have seen before.

The anonymous presents are usually artsy-craftsy delta stuff. Well, I got super artsy craftsy. My roommates got annoyed with all the art stuff strewn all over the living room floor. But it was so much fun! So here's what I did...

Day 1:
-- Chalk Board
-- Monogrammed Makeup Bag with Caitlyn and ΔΔΔ
-- "Shacker Pack" inside the makeup bag
    -- (...now if she's anything like me, she won't really need a "shacker pack," but one of my friends got one last year and I thought it was a really cute idea)





Day 2:
-- Basket with....
-- 2 Painted Glass Jars filled with Candy (yum yum)
-- A ΔΔΔ Picture Frame
-- Two Paint-Washed Picture Canvases with Quotes that I Made...
    -- One with a picture of her pledge class on Bid Day and her favorite Gandhi quote
    -- One with a picture of the Tridelt house and the purpose painted on it
-- A Tridelt Key Chain Wallet
-- 3 Hanging Deltas that I made for her wall
-- 2 Tridelt Tshirts 

Day 3: 
-- A Painted Ice Chest filled with....
-- A ΔΔΔ Nalgene bottle
-- Ping Pong balls (in the Nalgene)
-- A Painted Wine Glass
-- 3 Painted PΔRTY PΔRTY PΔRTY Shot Glasses
-- Blue and Yellow Solo Cups
-- ΔΔΔ License Plate Cover
-- Blind Tie 2011 Jersey
  
 















Day 4...Revelation:
-- I ordered her real present late, so in the mean time I gave her a silver picture frame that I put blue and yellow ribbon on with a picture of the two of us inside.
-- But her real present is a ΔΔΔ sweatshirt from Balfour house. I got one last year and it was absolutely my favorite present. 


















So I had so much fun doing all of it! People would joke that I was making them look bad or that they wanted to be my little, which made me feel good. She says she likes all of it, so yayayyy! I'm so glad she's my little, I love her!

But I did spend a lot of time "procraftinating"...TSM. 



-Soo Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment